Monday, June 27, 2011

"Without form and void"


I mentioned last week that Gen 1:2 says that the "earth was without form and void (Hebr- tohu va bohu)."

The other use of that phrase, tohu va bohu, is in Is 46:18 - "For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain (tohu va bohu), he formed it to be inhabited."

If it was that way, but He did not create it that way, what happened?

There was a war in heaven, when Lucifer and 1/3 of all the angels rebelled against God. One theory is that that war happened between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2. I tend to agree, but I can't prove it so I will not say it is absolutely so. But, then again, there is a lot I won't express that way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment